Friday, April 17, 2009

¡Hola chamigos!

We made it safely to Argentina and we're having a wonderful time so far. We flew into Buenos Aires on Friday morning and the five of us spent the day walking around the city and seeing the sites. We visited the famous Recoleta Cemetary where Eva Peron is buried and we sipped coffee at a typical outdoor cafe and watched the stylish people of Buenos Aires pass by. On Friday night we sat outside along the river at an amazing restaurant called Las Lilas. I (Miranda) am not normally a big meat eater, but Argentina has some of the best beef in the world and that night I had the best steak I've ever eaten in my life. Seriously. Unfortunately I don't have the picture right now, but someday I'll show you and tell you the story of the tenderloin :). Perfection. Now we are in Corrientes having a great time. Right now my Correntine "brother" is urging me to finish so we can go see some more sights so I have to leave, but I will write more again soon.





2 comments:

  1. I hope y'all are tush-pushing your way across the country! Make me proud, Miranda.

    Make. me. proud.

    (Miss you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horray for you, Miranda... best steak you have ever had in your life. Your Argentine colleagues are arriving in Brentwood tomorrow after "doing" Lawrenceburg and Hendersonville. They are a great team (almost as good as you guys). Glad all is going well. Tio Diki (aka Dick Bowers)

    ReplyDelete